Home > FAQ > Content

How to avoid the misuse of Quartz Countertops

May 30, 2018

How to avoid the misuse of Quartz Countertops?

Quartz stone countertops, as a new green and pollution-free decorative material, quartz has become more and more popular in the construction industry, although the price of quartz stone is slightly higher than the natural granite, which can not prevent the application and development of quartz stone, then the scope of application is more extensive. Quartz stone can be maintained very well, but you need to avoid the belowing misuse:

1. Put high temperature items on the surface for a long time

Hot pot, or other overheated appliances that were removed directly from hearth or oven or microwave may cause damage to the surface of Quartz countertops. Please use a thermal pad under the pot.

2. Use the table directly as a cutting plate

Please use the chopping board when cutting vegetables. Although the quartz stone is hard and durable, it may damage the surface of quartz countertops after cutting directly on the surface for a long time.

3. Don't make it dry after washing the surface, and Water will not damage the surface.

Because the water contains a large amount of bleach and scale. After keeping water on the quartz surface for long time, it may damage the quartz top and affect the appearance.

4. Because quartz stone has high density, acid and alkali resistance, chemical resistance, so the quartz stone will be used randomly without careless.

Quartz stone is very hard without any pores, but it still needs to avoid any contact with very strong chemicals, such as paint remover, metal cleaner and stove cleaner. Do not contact methylene chloride, acetone (nail polish removing agent), strong acid cleaning agent. If there is any contact with the above items carelessly, please rinse the surface of quartz stone with plenty of soap. for nail polish, do use a acetone free detergent (such as tin and alcohol) and rinse with water. Do not throw the heavy or sharp objects directly to the surface: do not scald with boiled water immediately after rinse with cold water.